Hochob Archaeological Site
One of the most outstanding features of its buildings is the enormous front-facing masks of the god Itzamná, with open jaws and the lower jaw formed by a platform with fangs that provide access to the interior of the facades.
Other features include towers topped with two-chambered temples.
Where is the Hochob Archaeological Site Located?
It is located in the region called Los Chenes, municipality of Hopelchén, in the state of Campeche. At a distance of 72.7 miles (117 kms) from the city of Campeche.
- Fee for video camera
- Fee for professional cameras
- INAPAM discount (for seniors)
- Discount for students and teachers
- Free admission on Sundays (Mexicans)
- Free entry for children under 13 years old
- No smoking allowed
It is one of the few Mayan sites in the Chenes region that features buildings with masks and towers.